July was our biggest and best month yet at Storge with more visitors to the site, more of your following us on social media, and most importantly more of music, arts and culture in Derbyshire covered.
We’d love to keep growing and covering even more from Derby and the surrounding area. But we need your help.
Join the Storge team
We’re looking for writers and photographers to contribute to Storge. You could write about anything but we’re particularly looking for people who are interested in covering what’s going on in the following areas:
- genre music (metal, punk, acoustic, classical) and live music
- performance art, theatre and dance
- visual arts
- poetry and spoken word
- museums and heritage
- gaming (particularly looking at Derby’s connections in the online and video gaming world)
- counter-culture – from Roller Derby to Street Art and beyond – help us uncover hidden Derby.
Who we are
We’re an editorial led publication so we’re interested in reviews, interviews and features rather than being a what’s on guide for the city – however if you’re quick off the mark and what to help break culture news we’d love to hear from you.
Storge is completely volunteer. Run by Sarah Lay and Peter Darrington you’ll be joining a team with 20 years of journalism experience and involvement in Derby’s culture scene with ambitious plans for growing the publication.
Who you are
You don’t need to be a professional writer or photographer to join us and we’ll ask for no minimum commitment – you might just want to write one piece about something you love or you might want to join us on a more regular basis.
If you’re interested get in touch and let us know:
- your name
- what you’re interested in writing about or how you’d like to contribute
- links to any examples of your work (if you have them).