Derby Festé, due to be held 27 to 29 September 2018 in the city, is offering a commission for a locally based professional artist or company.
Looking for a static or walkabout piece Festé says it is looking for a commission, to be performed on the final day of the event, which is:
- innovative and engaging content
- a new piece of work which responds to Circus250 (desired but not essential)
- pieces that are eye-catching, accessible and designed to capture foot traffic
- content that highlights the public realm
- work that demonstrates quality and excellence
- between 20 and 30 minutes in length
- the work must be presented three times in Derby City Centre as part of Festé 2018.
Festé is managed as a partnership between Déda, Derby LIVE, Derby QUAD and Derby Theatre and has been running since 2007. Attracting more than 30,000 every year the event brings international and national artists to the city, as well as local performers, for an event which is rooted in Derby but which speaks to the world.
Applications for the £4000 commission are open until 9 March 2018 and further details on how to apply are available on the QUAD website.
Find Derby Festé: