Mainframe, the digital and creative industries networking event hosted by QUAD, celebrated local stars across the sector with their first awards this week (24 April 2018).
From Best Digital / Creative Team, through Project Most Proud Of, to Under 25s Rising Star professionals and companies across the creative and digital sector in Derby and Derbyshire came together to celebrate their achievements. Taking place in the cinema at QUAD awards were hosted by QUAD CEO Adam Buss, and presented by representatives from Marketing Derby, QUAD patron and CEO of The Association for UK Interactive Entertainment Dr Jo Twist (OBE), John Newbigin CEO of Creative England, and Head of IT Digital & Digital Cultural Transformation, Rolls-Royce Raja Javaid among others.
Storge editor Sarah Lay judged and presented the Best Digital Start-Up category and said, “The business challenges in the early years are not to be under-estimated but neither is the relentless energy and passion needed by everyone involved. It was a pleasure to see nominees facing into those challenges, and bringing that passion to brilliant businesses based in Derby and Derbyshire. The winner of this category, Playtonic Games, impressed by the innovation they bring to a part of the sector with a rich local history and the enviable audience they’ve found who are engaged and enthused about what the company are doing.
“Networking events are a vital part of any industry sector and Mainframe is helping forge not just professional links but a strong community of innovative and interesting creative and digital people in Derby and from the surrounding area. It’s brilliant to see such a vibrant and friendly community and the work they do recognised with these awards.”
- Emerging Digital Star (Under 25) – Georgia Vicars of Fluid Ideas
- Best Digital Start-Up – Playtonic Games
- Best Digital Innovation – Codemakers with Shipmate
- Project Most Proud Of – Joe Clarke and Claire Cutts for V21 Artspace
- Best Digital / Creative Team or Individual – Jack Williams of Archer Hampson
- New Product to Market – Robert Wilkes with Lightwave Interactive
- Client of the Year – Collyfobble Brewery nominated by Fluid Ideas
- Creativity for Good – Simon Rice for Cleen App, nominated by Subism
- Putting Derby / Derbyshire On The Map – Natalie Bamford for DerbyDaysOut.co.uk
- Digital Ambassador of the Year – Jack Williams of Archer Hampson.
Mainframe is part of The Big House, a collaboration providing sector specific support across the D2N2 area. The Big House aims to make it easier for digital creative business to understand and access the free help available in the region. The next Mainframe event is on 15 May 2018 and is Access All Areas with Marcus Romer, and from 6 June across the summer will be the digital business series covering creative confidence, getting paid your worth, creating a digital strategy and one to one business advice.